Struggling to

Pay Rent?

The Utah Housing Assistance Program can help renters who are unable to pay their rent and utilities due to circumstances related to COVID-19. You may be eligible for rental assistance if you meet both of the following requirements:

  1. Combined gross income at or below 80% area median income (the agencies below can help you determine that)
  2. Been financially impacted directly or indirectly by Covid-19.

Call 211 or contact your local agency to apply.

Our goal is to help people impacted by the pandemic stay in their housing and maintain the stability of their families during these hard times.

Eligible Uses of Funds Provided

The program can pay up to $2,000 per month of expenses.  Subject to funding availability. Renters can apply for up to three months of assistance at a time.

  • Rent
  • Utilities (Water, Sewer, Electrical, Gas)
  • Security Deposits
  • Late Fees

Income by County Eligibility

Eligibility requirements are broken down by both county and household size. The agencies listed below can help you determine if you are eligible and help you apply for assistance.

To Apply for Assistance Contact The Local Agency in Your County

Bear River Association of Governments (BRAG)
Cache, Rich, Box Elder Counties

(435) 752-7242


Community Action Services and Food Bank (CASFB)
Summit, Utah, Wasatch Counties


Family Connection Center dba Open Doors (FCC-Open Doors)
Morgan, Davis Counties

(801) 771-4642

Five County Association of Governments
Beaver, Kane, Garfield, and Iron Counties

(435) 867-8384

Five County Association of Governments
Washington County

(435) 673-3548

Ogden Weber Community Action Partnership (OWCAP)
Weber County

(801) 399-9281 x998

Southeastern Utah Association of Local Governments (SEUALG)
Carbon, Emery, Grand, San Juan Counties

(435) 613-0067

Six County Association of Governments (Six County AOG)

Sevier County 
(435) 893-0745
Sanpete County 
(435) 835-2831
Juab & Millard Counties
(435) 743-4060
Wayne & Piute Counties
(435) 893-0744

Salt Lake Community Action Program dba Utah Community Action (SLCAP-UCA)
Salt Lake, Tooele Counties

(801) 359-2444

Uintah Basin Association of Governments (UBAOG)
Daggett, Duchesne, Uintah Counties

(435) 722-4518

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply?
Start by calling 2-1-1 or your local agency listed above. You will need to fill out an application, fill out a self-declaration of income, sign an assistance contract and provide utility bills if applicable. Your local agency can help walk you through the process. If you are eligible, your rent or fees will be paid directly to your landlord. Utilities will be paid directly to the utility companies.

How do I qualify for assistance? 
You must have been financially harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic. This could be a loss or reduction of income or costs incurred because of the pandemic. Your household income for the month must also be at or below the area median income. The local agencies listed on this page can help you to determine if you qualify.

Are undocumented workers eligible?
Yes, if they meet the other eligibility criteria.

Do workers have to prove they have been denied for unemployment benefits?
No, that is not currently an eligibility requirement.

Will this program change again if the unemployment benefits change?
We will continue to adjust the program as other federal benefits change, in order to serve the people and the families who need it most.


Your local agency may ask you to fill out and submit the forms provided here. Call 2-1-1 or your local agency listed above to begin the application process.


Self Declaration of Income Form

Contract Example